As the world’s leading supplier of thermal analysis and rheology systems, TA Instruments is a fast growing and highly profitable division of an S&P 500 company, priding itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our high technology products sold to Fortune Global 500 companies and leading academic institutions and government laboratories around the world, visit our website at www.tainstruments.com.
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manages and coordinates engineering activities to achieve the design, analysis, development, and testing necessary in taking new and modified products from concept through production. Responsible for the Thermal Analysis instrument line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Manages technical engineering aspect of projects in the areas of research, design, development and analysis in accordance with established Company objectives, procedures and timelines.
• Manages technical staff activities and coordinates with other Company departments and personnel, as necessary, to achieve project objectives.
• Analyzes technologies, staffing needs, tasks and associated costs required to plan and complete projects.
• Confers with management and other Company staff to determine product design, manufacturing and servicing needs and to establish scheduling and cost targets.
• Analyzes and investigates engineering project tasks and assists, as required, in preparing design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
• Forecasts operating costs of responsible department and provides input for the preparation of overall R&D expense budget and capital needs.
• Oversees the development and execution of instrument test plans and analysis of results.
• Assists with department tasks, as appropriate and necessary, to support on-going development activities.
• Manages a group of engineering professionals and technicians responsible for the design, development, analysis and testing activities of the department.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a four (4) year degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, in combination with at least 5 years of industrial analytical instrumentation development experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with advanced mathematical concepts.
• Aware of current software development tools and future software trends that will allow design and developing products that meet or exceed our customer's expectations.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Completes projects on time and budget; Schedules, coordinates and manages project team activities.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability;
• Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work activities and to handle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to provide technical and administrative guidance.
• Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills.
• Ability to make practical decisions without appreciable direction or advance preparation.
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with customers and co-workers.
• Knowledge of TA business operations.
• Knowledge of TA product lines and marketing strategies.
• Knowledge of theory of thermal analysis.